Quality Paint and Coatings is a leader in the painting and coating industry located in the Fox Valley. We specialize in Industrial, Commercial, and Military paint and coating applications. Our team is looking for qualified candidates to help us as we grow and take on new challenges. At Quality Paint & Coatings we seek out top quality candidates and invest in them. As a QPC employee you will be able to enroll in our excellent benefits - a 401k with a generous match, paid time off and YMCA discounts to name a few!
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
The forklift operator is responsible for operation a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack and count merchandise. The operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
• Efficiently stack and store merchandise in the appropriate areas.
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
• Pull and prepare product for production and/or shipments, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
• Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets production needs.
• Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers.
• Maintain the facilities equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
• On a daily basis inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment utilizing QPC's Operator's Daily Checklist.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED.
• At least 6 months experience in material handling in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to become certified to operate powered industrial equipment.
• Prior forklift operating experience
At Quality Paint & Coatings we seek out top quality candidates and invest in them. As a QPC employee you will be able to enroll in our excellent benefits - a 401k with a generous match, paid time off and YMCA discounts to name a few!