Quality Paint and Coatings is a leader in the painting and coating industry located in the Fox Valley. We specialize in Industrial, Commercial, and Military paint and coating applications. Our team is looking for qualified candidates to help us as we grow and take on new challenges. At Quality Paint & Coatings we seek out top quality candidates and invest in them. As a QPC employee you will be able to enroll in our excellent benefits - a 401k with a generous match, paid time off and YMCA discounts to name a few!
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
Responsible for painting and touching up painted metal parts and/or finished products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prime, paint and touchup vehicles with power spray equipment and brushes.
• Mask, unmask or adjust masking as necessary to ensure specifications are met.
• Sand, wash, and condition parts as necessary. Light bodywork may be required.
• Disassemble, clean, repair, adjust and reassemble painting equipment such as pumps, paint heaters, tanks, spray guns, etc. for proper operation.
• Flush tanks, hoses and guns prior to color changeovers.
• Mix all types of paints for proper color, formula, conditions, viscosity and consistency.
• Perform titrations and mix or adjust chemicals as necessary in paint, zinc or other processes.
• Apply decals, stencils and rust proofing as required.
• Upkeep of work area and equipment which may include preventative maintenance tasks.
• Inspect product before, during and after paint process to ensure specifications are being met.
• Transport, move or guide parts, subassemblies, or assemblies before, during or after paint process and to next operation. This may include moving racks or carts by hand and the use of material handling equipment such as a fork lift or an overhead crane.
• Other duties as assigned or required.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of 1 year experience in the painting of automotive or heavy vehicle/equipment in a manufacturing, industrial or automotive body shop. Strong mathematical skills. Basic mechanical aptitude.
• Experience priming and/or painting efficiently with high quality.
• Previous paint experience with plural component products helpful.
• Previous knowledge of paint equipment such as cup guns, touch up equipment, paint pumps, pressure pots, and HULP equipment.
• Knowledge of blending paint, wet sanding and buffing.
• Forklift operations experience.
At Quality Paint & Coatings we seek out top quality candidates and invest in them. As a QPC employee you will be able to enroll in our excellent benefits - a 401k with a generous match, paid time off and YMCA discounts to name a few!