Quality Paint and Coatings is a leader in the painting and coating industry located in the Fox Valley. We specialize in Industrial, Commercial, and Military paint and coating applications. Our team is looking for qualified candidates to help us as we grow and take on new challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
The Quality Specialist is responsible for ensuring the customer's expectations are met through process based continuous improvement while supporting the activities of the Quality Manager, Manufacturing and Team Leaders. The Quality Specialist will work closely with all company staff and personnel to monitor and maintain processes, equipment, materials and services used in the manufacturing or service provision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain a positive, professional working relationship with all customers and be responsible for meeting customer quality expectations.
• Respectfully adhere to all safety rules and regulations while performing work duties.
• Conduct Quality Management System internal audits.
• Conduct floor inspections and process checks as required by specification.
• Perform inspections/tests with specified equipment to ensure compliance to process and product specifications.
• Ensures chemicals and chemical processes used in the production process perform within specification.
• Maintain company and customer records and documents in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Ensure proper record keeping, control, calibration and maintenance of quality test equipment.
• Conduct pre-production quality inspections when required.
• Prepare certificate of compliance requests.
• Manage the Dip Tank process.
• Manage supplies for quality related materials and activities
• Assist in establishing and maintain Quality guidelines and procedures.
• Analyze and implement effective solutions to quality related problems.
• Analyze and make disposition of rejected materials.
• Report and respond to process nonconformance issues in an expedient manner.
• Implement effective corrective and preventative actions utilizing structured planning methods.
• Work with other departments to resolve quality related issues.
• Travel as required (<10%).
• Accurately maintain company records and documents in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
• High School diploma and 1 or more years of QC/QA activities
• Ability to analyze problems, recommend solutions and action plans
• Self-starting individual with ability to learn new tasks quickly
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Experience reading blueprints and shop orders
• Associate's degree in Quality or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in a Quality Control position
• ASQ registration
• Solid communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Advanced blueprint reading
• Prior experience with internal auditing of a Quality Management System
At Quality Paint & Coatings we seek out top quality candidates and invest in them. As a QPC employee you will be able to enroll in our excellent benefits - a 401k with a generous match, paid time off and YMCA discounts to name a few!